Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Kittens!

Yesterday my family and I (except Dad!) went to the RSPCA to look at little girl kittens that we might want to get. We've been talking about getting another kitten for a while, but this would be MY kitten.

I was REALLY excited!

So we went into the cat section and saw mostly grown-up kitties. There were only two kittens. We went up to the desk and Mum asked if there were any girl kittens. The woman at the desk said to ask the cat keeper. So we went into the cat section again and asked the person who looked after the cats. She said we could look at them in the cat lounge.

I fell in love with a black one with little white paws. I called her Mittens. She had two sisters and one ginger coloured brother. Here's how cute she is:





After a long time of playing, she agreed to stay on my lap.



Then we had to go to my brother's percussion workshop at the Con (where my Dad works). I was very sad to leave Mittens. 

Mum said, "Let's see what Dad thinks before we make a decision about Mittens," so when we got to the Con I asked him straight away.

He said yes if Mum said yes, and Mum said.........YES!!! When I had said all my thanks, Mum and I went to the RSPCA and paid for Mittens. But we couldn't bring her home straight away because she needed to be desexed. We can pick her up in four days!

Then we went back to the Con and met Nana. We talked for a while and went off to have a picnic at Belmore Basin. After that we went to the beach with Oscar. Then we went home and to bed. I was feeling very happy, because I finally had a kitten! 

THE END.



2 comments:

  1. Mittens is scrumptious! Divine! I can't wait for her to move in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. KITTENS!!! And, oh I guess theres the poop… Whew! Glad I don't have to deal with THAT! Anyway… can't wait for mittens to join the gang :) !!!

    ReplyDelete